Sita Sargeant's Reviews > So Much Closer

So Much Closer by Susane Colasanti

Nov 02, 11

bookshelves: love-triangle, own, reviewed, young-adult, teen-romance, nl
Recommended to Sita by: Alexis
Read on November 01, 2011

Before you start reading this. Let me warn you. I wrote half of this last night (I fell asleep) and half of it today. So if it doesn’t make sense don’t say that I didn’t warn you.

Aww.Not any other words are coming to me at the moment. This book was sweet, incredibly sweet. I just finished reading So Much Closer and I really liked it. I bought it yesterday and started reading it at 8:07pm (yeah I remembered the exact time. Because I am a freak) and it is now 11:31pm and I am done. I didn’t love this one, but I did really, really, really live it. Like it. I mean like it, I really liked the book, not lived it. Okay. Not awkward at all. Continuing.

So Much Closer in a sentence: (view spoiler)

The writing was nice, although I thought there were some aspects of the writing that could have been improved, but on a whole it was really good. Here’s the first sentence: Today I’m telling Scott Abrams that I’m in love with him. Can you see why I was so hooked? Yes the writing had me hooked, sure it may have had a few faults but overall I really liked it, it kept reading and me up.

The plot was interesting... I really don’t know what I think of it. What I wrote up there was basically the plot of the book. And sure that was enjoyable and I wanted to know how it ended. But about halfway through I knew how it was going to end. I knew who she would end up with and even though I kept reading to see how the plot played out didn’t mean that I absolutely loved it.

The character/ization/s was really good in this book. I liked the characters and how they grew throughout the book. I liked the fact that Brooke was a super genius, it was something I really didn’t expect and I liked how her views on the world changed over the course of the book. I really really really liked John. Can I say that enough? He was just such a likeable person. I kinda thought it was love ;) And I was so happy to see what happened between him and Brooke (even though there was not one kissing scene with them... I think?) I thought their friendship was super cute and I generally liked John. All the side characters including Scott and her parents were all believable and I could relate to the stuff that Brooke was feeling (about school + college). SO, another plus.

I would recommend this book to YA romance lovers. People looking for a nice (awe, how cute) book. Or people that are bored. Even if you don’t like any of those things feel free to check this book out. It’s a good one even if you don’t like it. It’s worth checking it out.

Overall, I enjoyed it. I am now planning on checking out some of the authors other books. Because I did generally like this one. I even wrote a warm fuzzy for the book. I’m gonna let the book explain what a warm fuzzy is. It’s a warm fuzzy,” Sadie informs me. “A what?” “You’ve never heard of warm fuzzies?” “No, but I’m sure you’ll enlighten me.” “The purpose of a warm fuzzy is to spread the love. If someone needs cheering up or you just want to wish them a happy day, a warm fuzzy is perfect. And there are rules. Like how they have to be cute. They can’t be written with a boring pen on some standard piece of paper.” Warm fuzzies sound sort of pretentious, with their rules and aspirations. “And they count as random acts of kindness,” she continues. That’s a warm fuzz! And I was so inspired I’ve been writing them for people all day. Now one for the book that started it!

Dear So Much Closer,
You were a very cute book that I thoroughly enjoyed reading. It was good, I take that back! You were good; you were an awe of a book. Xo - Sita

12 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read So Much Closer.