Karyn's Reviews > Revolver

Revolver by Marcus Sedgwick

Sep 15, 11

Read on September 15, 2011

A few pages in I stopped thinking about the writing, and started following the story. Alone in the frozen Arctic circle with his father's frozen corpse a Bear of a man arrives at the door. A past that he doesn't remember has caught up with him. 'Love, sing, cry, and fight, but all the time, seek to know everything you can about the earth upon which you stand, till your time is done.' Both Einar and Maria had tried to teach Sig this same message. it was simply that they went about it in very different ways, and sometimes, like all parents, they both failed to teach their children anything at all."
His mind turns to the memories of his past, his father's revolver, and his mothers Bible, but how will this help him survive and save his sister?
I enjoyed the book and I liked the message that was revealed at the end, but it could be read as much for the tension of the situation.
It's possibly more of a boy book than my typical favourites. Snow White, Blood Red is still my favourite Sedgwick book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Revolver.