Elizabeth (Liz)'s Reviews > A Crimson Warning

Sep 26, 11

bookshelves: first-reads-read, non-rom-read
Read on September 26, 2011

***I received this ARC through a giveaway here on Goodreads.***

A Crimson Warning by Tasha Alexander (6th in series)

- The Synopsis -

Secrets prove deadly in this new novel from Tasha Alexander featuring Lady Emily Hargreaves. Some very prominent people in London are waking up to find their doorsteps smeared with red paint, the precursor to the revelation of a dark secret – and worse – by someone who enjoys destroying lives.

Newly returned to her home in Mayfair, Lady Emily Hargreaves is looking forward to enjoying the delights of the season. The delights, that is, as defined by her own eccentricities—reading The Aeneid, waltzing with her dashing husband, and joining the Women’s Liberal Federation in the early stages of its campaign to win the vote for women.

But an audacious vandal disturbs the peace in the capital city, splashing red paint on the neat edifices of the homes of London’s elite. This mark, impossible to hide, presages the revelation of scandalous secrets, driving the hapless victims into disgrace, despair and even death.

Soon, all of London high society is living in fear of learning who will be the next target, and Lady Emily and her husband, Colin, favorite agent of the crown, must uncover the identity and reveal the motives of the twisted mind behind it all before another innocent life is lost.

- My Review -

As indicated, I won this book through a giveaway here on the site. It is not my typical read, as I don't have a lot of patience for straight mysteries. However, I enjoy history a great deal, and thought this time period, England in the late 1800s, would make for an interesting read.

The time period does prove interesting, and is my main draw here. The story, as a whole, is very well-written. The characters are fully developed, and for those who enjoy a good mystery, so is the suspense.

For fans of this genre, this series is really a no-brainer. If you enjoy a lovely historical setting with your mystery, or haven't tried the like before, give this series a try. I very much doubt you'll find yourself disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Crimson Warning.