MsRomanticReads's Reviews > Deadly Fear

Deadly Fear by Cynthia Eden

Sep 19, 11

bookshelves: contemporary-romance, suspense, fbi-cia-agents, romance, september-2011
Read from September 18 to 19, 2011

What scares you?

The entire story revolves around that simple question. What scares me is that I don't share the majority of the reviewer's enthusiasm for this story. Okay, so I'm not scared, just baffled. I didn't connect to the characters (except perhaps lust after SA Luke Dante). Is it just me or did the writing style at the beginning sound clipped? Short sentences, statements and sentences that just trailed off? Then there's the matter of Monica and her keeping her past a secret when it might have been pertinent to the case to at least let her fellow agents know the truth? If I were Dante or any of the other agents, I'd like to have all the facts so I'd know what I was walking into. Just sayin'. The sexy times were fast and furious and seriously hot, which I credit solely to Dante being all hot and pure male, but they popped up at the oddest times. The plot itself was really good and creepy. I never guessed who the serial killer was, so hats off to Ms Eden for spinning a really good mystery and for tying up all the loose ends.

I'll probably read the rest of the series, but as of right now I'm not keen to hop to it. I'll read the next book when I run out of other things to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Fear.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra let me know how you like this series, m'kay? It's on my TBR.

MsRomanticReads Will do :)

message 3: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra only two stars?

MsRomanticReads Yup. I think two stars is the equivalent for "it was ok"? That's all it was for me, okay. Maybe there's something wrong with me?

message 5: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra I don't think there's anything wrong with you. Some books, some characters resonate within us...maybe this wasn't the book for you. I got plenty to keep me busy... ;)

MsRomanticReads I know, it's just kind of like with FF when you say you didn't like a story that everyone else just loved to death and they attack you by saying you don't know good writing when you see it. Does that make sense?

message 7: by Sandra (new) - added it

Sandra absolutely!!! :) But everyone is entitled to their opinion, right?

MsRomanticReads Yup, and everyone else is entitled to challenge that I suppose.