Christy's Reviews > Heiress

Heiress by Susan May Warren

Sep 27, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read from September 24 to 27, 2011

I could go in so many directions with this review to tell you all about the characters, the plot, the setting, the clothes (oh...the clothes), but Heiress is one of those novels that is an experience--in jealousy, in opulence, in tragedy, in love. It's one that, if you know nothing but the back cover blurb, then you are in for the surprise of your life.

I knew that Susan was a great writer, even after reading my first book by her earlier this year, but Heiress has catapulted her to favorite author status in no time flat. Just when I thought I was going to hit a lull in this story, she snapped my mind back to attention with one twist after another. Now, I know that some authors usually like to have one surprise lurking somewhere in their stories, but to have them coming one right after the other (and all of them believable, no less) showed that Susan's got some masterful writing chops.

Without a doubt, Heiress has to be the edgiest Christian fiction book of the year. It should also come with a warning label--"Don't start unless you plan to stay up past your bedtime."

Go. Get. It. Now. I dare you. ;o)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heiress.

09/25/2011 page 31
09/26/2011 page 136
37.0% "Ho-ly cow..I've had to pick my jaw up off the floor twice already, and I'm not even halfway through!"
show 1 hidden update…