Kelly Kiesel's Reviews > Circle of Fire

Circle of Fire by Michelle Zink

Sep 14, 11

Read in September, 2011

Circle of Fire is the conclusion to Michelle Zink’s Prophecy of the Sisters trilogy. The trilogy centers around two twin sisters, Alice and Lia, and a prophecy that has been passed down by the women in their family for generations. Two twin sisters, One the Guardian, the other the Gate. The Gate has the power to bring hell to earth while the Guardian is responsible for keeping the Gate in check. (The review may be a little confusing for anyone not familiar with the trilogy.)

The story starts off a few months after the last book stopped with 3 of the 4 keys being found. Lia must now locate the 4th key, the stone and the Rite. A variety of characters, both old and new, help Lia in her journey to discover where these 3 things are located. Lia ventures to the Cairns in Ireland, where she encounters a few unexpected things and some interesting people. Alice has journeyed nearer to her sister and brought James along with her. She reveals to her sister that she and James are now engaged. Lia wrestles with her unresolved feelings for James, as she continues to further her relationship with beau Dimitri. Samuel (Satan) and the Souls are mentally wearing down on Lia and the 4 keys. Lia often admits that she does not think she will be strong enough to resist Samuel much longer. So accompanied by the 4 keys, Gaerth, Dimitri and Aunt Virginia the group set out to end the epic ordeal and finally get rid of the Gate. They are not without their challenges, the rite cannot be performed without Alice’s help and she has sworn allegiance to Samuel. Meanwhile, Aunt Virginia’s health is failing and Lia has a vision of the Guard chasing the group. The last few chapters fly by and are packed with emotion. The ending is perfect and beautifully written, a wonderful end to the trilogy.

This is a great series for anyone who has a sister. I feel like the last book really played to my emotions because I have a sister and I could completely identify with Lia’s feelings.

This book, and series, was awesome. I did give it 4 stars though. This is because I reserve the 5 star rating for books that I would want to pick up and read 500 times over. A great read, definitely recommended!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Circle of Fire.

message 1: by bjneary (new)

bjneary Great review Kelly, I love Maggie S. but I have not read this series, it is definitely going on my To Be Read list!