James K's Reviews > Peril at End House

Peril at End House by Agatha Christie

M 50x66
Sep 14, 11

After reading three Agatha Christie books this summer (And Then There Were None, Peril at End House, and Murder on the Orient Express), I have grown to love her writing. Of these three engaging mysteries, Peril at End House is my favorite. Although starting very slowly it picks up a quick pace and keeps you guessing. With constant cliff-hangers, at the end of each chapter, you never want to put it down. The ending is shocking, bold, and very well written. This series of Agatha Christie books features a main character whose name is Hercule Poirot. He is a man with similar tactics to the sleuths on the shows Psych, Monk, and The Mentalist. Somehow, Poirot always seems to solve the crime even when the reader and Hercule's partner (his partners vary in each book) are on the completely wrong track. Although it may seem nearly impossible to explain a detective's methods without a visual, the author works through this roadblock with shining colors. Overall, I would rate this book 8.5 out of 10 stars. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys a really well-written but sophisticated mystery.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peril at End House.