tarawrawr's Reviews > Golden

Golden by Jessi Kirby

Jan 02, 13

bookshelves: own
Read on December 02, 2012

Review to be posted on my blog closer to publication date.

I don’t even know where to start on Golden by Jessi Kirby. I loved it so much. Jessi Kirby always manages to stun me with her supremely gorgeous writing style and amazingly real characters.

Jessi Kirby’s characters are always so beautifully damaged with real issues and – and the cast of Golden was certainly not an exception. I loved Parker so much. She was under a lot of pressure from her mother and it was just so well-done.

Not to mention the storyline, you guys. I’m a huge fan of mysteries and I really enjoyed Parker’s unexpected hunt for the truth about what really happened to the golden couple who died years before.

The mystery plotline, coupled with the storylines involving Parker and her mother, not to mention the issues between Parker and her best friend, and the added in bonus of the romance plotline sounds like a very complicated book, I suppose. But Golden was perfectly balanced – nothing dragged on or felt unnecessary.

Basically, I freaking loved Golden by Jessi Kirby. It’s re-readable for sure – I have a feeling Golden is one of those books that you stumble on things you missed the first time around. If you’re a fan of beautiful and moving contemporaries, I highly recommend picking up Golden by Jessi Kirby, as well as her previous books.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Golden.

Sarah I adored this one. Jessi rocks.