Melody Nazarbegian's Reviews > A Walk to Remember

A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks

F 50x66
Sep 30, 2011

The book, A Walk to Remember, really touched my heart. It is about two high school seniors named Landon and Jamie. Jamie Sullivan was the minister's daughter who always carried her Bible around, and helped orphans and injured animals. Landon needed a date to the Homecoming dance because as the class president he was required to go, and so it began. After he took Jamie to the dance, she asked him to be in the Christmas play with her, and he reluctantly agreed. After rehearsals he started to walk her home, and they talked more and more. It was in the Christmas play that he realized how beautiful she was and that he was in love with her. Their love proved to be strong enough to get through a time of tragedy. I was having doubts about if I liked this book at first because everything leading up to the last three chapters was just okay, it wasn’t anything really special. But I have to say, it was worth the wait, because the ending was spectacular! It might even bring tears to some people's eyes. Only those lucky people who have read it know what I mean. I would strongly recommend this book to anyone that has patience. A Walk to Remember is definitely an incredible book; Nicholas Sparks has outdone himself!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Walk to Remember.