Adam's Reviews > Thanks for the Memories

Thanks for the Memories by Cecelia Ahern

Sep 26, 11

bookshelves: audiobooks-a-z

Post Listen Review: There are much worse romance books out there than this one but I still didn't like this. The premise is that a blood transfusion gives a woman who is in a less than perfect marriage the memories of the blood donor. Of course the donor is a lonely divorcee who has forgotten all about love and needs to find the right woman to move on with his life. Blah, Blah blah.

Dumb premise? Check.
Two lonely protatganists? Check.
Lots of missed opportunities to meet each other but fate intervenes? Check.
A scene in a hair salon? You bet.
A crazy old man who occasionally makes funny quips? How could there not be one?
Friends that egg on the protaganists to meet but it doesn't work out until fate makes things right? Jeeze, I never would have seen that coming, check.
Talk about blood plateletts? Uh yeah. And several explanations of how this whole thing couldn't even biologically happen since the blood is separated out and sent to more than one donor etc. So check but also makes the story even less believable.
Am I tired of romance books? Astronomically large check.

Pre-Listen Guess: As I attempt to listen to all of the audiobooks in my local library, I begin to wish that authors with last names beginning with an A would be less prolific and I would have to backtrack less. Cecelia Ahern is a prime offender of this situation. Some of her books I have totally hated and some I have begrudgingly thought were ok. If she can use the humor she is capable of, this will be ok, if not I am going to want to chuck it out of a window.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Thanks for the Memories.