Elizabeth "Liza"'s Reviews > The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

3190342
Feb 16, 2012

bookshelves: contemporary, favorites, romance, ya
Read in February, 2012

Even though it wasn’t what I was expecting, I really liked The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight. It was a quick, but satisfying read; sort of like wearing your favorite jammies and sipping a cup of hot cocoa.

Hadley is a sarcastic, full of phobias, opinionated, and pretty girl that has been irrevocably affected by her parents’ divorce. I think that in her mind the problems grew out of proportion (like they do for every teenager!) at a point that it affected her more than either her mom or dad. The divorce changed her view of the world and turned her a little bitter. I am not saying that what she went through was not real and painful, only that it took her longer to overcome it.
Oliver is a handsome, British (have to love the accent, right?) student that happens to be headed to London in the same plane with Hadley. I wish I liked Oliver more, he had all the right ingredients for a great character, but for some reason I didn’t like him as much. He was obviously raised very differently and he bottled everything up and it wasn’t easy for him to share his feelings.

Other characters in the book, Hadley’s parents and the future Mrs. Professor were quirky and likeable. The plot was simple and great; it is amazing that so much happens in so little amount of time! From Hadley’s change of heart and view of the wedding, to her attachment to Oliver, to the adventure to the unknown, it has all the makings of a good story. It is a rollercoaster of feelings, attachments, friendships and love. Do I believe in love at first sight? Absolutely!

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight is a great, easy to read contemporary read, which is romantic without being sappy or corny. Love it!

About the cover: I really like the cover and the font. It portraits that feeling, when you are with your one and only and you feel like you are the only two people in the world. Remember that feeling? I know I do!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight.