Cas's Reviews > Girl of Nightmares

Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake

Jan 31, 14

bookshelves: beings-of-the-hereafter, horror, young-adults, favored, beautiful-covers, male-pov, mystery-thriller, paranormal
Read from September 06 to 07, 2012

Post-Reading
First of all, I didn't know this was actually the last book in the series. *cries*
Secondly, this book was a great way to end the series. Though, had to get used to the different tone and mood in this one. While Anna Dressed In Blood was mostly horror and bloodshed, Girl of Nightmares was mostly mystery and understanding the anthame's history. It's an enjoyable read, but a rough beginning.

Additionally, I missed Anna. I understood why she wasn't there for most of the story, but it was still dificult to grasp. [The Obeahman still rocked.]

As for Cas and the gang: I still don't like Carmel. Thomas I still adore. While Cas was annoying at first, ended up being the Cas I know and love. Jestine, is middle ground for me; I liked her and I didn't.

Overall, this book had a bittersweet ending, but it worked.

Pre Reading
Final cover?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Girl of Nightmares.

09/06/2012 page 110

Comments (showing 1-6)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 6: by Kaydean (new)

Kaydean I loved Anna Dressed in Blood, and I love love love your Dean and Cas blips. Ha ha - I am such a HUGE fan of that show - maybe that is why I loved Anna. Can't wait to read Girl of Nightmares. Thanks for your review - I didn't get it, I am old, but I loved it anyway.

Leigh (Little Book Star) haha i love Supernatural!

message 4: by Ashley (new) - added it

Ashley thats so funny

Yousra Ouahabi Hassani TWIN, HAVE YOU READ YET??!!! I just finished it, and shit!! That's one hell of an awesome book, an amazing ending to an amazing series. Thank you for recommending it to me twin <3

message 2: by Cas (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cas Yousra wrote: "TWIN, HAVE YOU READ YET??!!! I just finished it, and shit!! That's one hell of an awesome book, an amazing ending to an amazing series. Thank you for recommending it to me twin <3"

I have the book now, but I'm going to finish the books on my currently-reading shelf first. I was actually surprised this was the last of the series!
Not a single problem, Twin! Knew you'll love it!

Yousra Ouahabi Hassani Cas wrote: "Yousra wrote: "TWIN, HAVE YOU READ YET??!!! I just finished it, and shit!! That's one hell of an awesome book, an amazing ending to an amazing series. Thank you for recommending it to me twin

I h..."

You're not alone twin!! I was so surprised I thought there would be more books in the series. But well, what can you do? And I hope you get to finish them soon so you can enjoy the awesomeness ;)