Bookworm's Reviews > A Faint Cold Fear

A Faint Cold Fear by Karin Slaughter

F_50x66
Sep 18, 11

Read from September 14 to 18, 2011

I was in two minds whether to read this book because I didn't really enjoy Kisscut. If you are new to Karin Slaughter (as I was) then I highly recommend that you read the books in order starting with Blindsighted because both Kisscut and A Faint Cold Fear make reference to the earlier books and if you read them out of order, then some of the suspense may be spoilt for you.

I think its time to have a break from Karin Slaugter now and I shall eagerly anticipate picking my next book.

Back to A Faint Cold Fear though. I enjoyed this novel. It moved along nicely and was suspenseful enough so that there were a number of suspects which when you were not reading the book, meant that you were still thinking about it and wondering who you should point the finger at. I found the opening chapters and events upsetting because Karin has a clever way of getting you attached to the characters and then bam, you are hit with something you were just not expecting!

One final comment is that I seem to have discovered a pattern with her books. You get to a point when there are not that many pages left but there are still lots of questions to be answered then a few pages on, you turn the page and lo and behold all is revealed. Although saying that, the end of her books don't appear rushed ?

I thought the way A Faint Cold Fear was left was very clever. It will obviously lead nicely on to the next...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Faint Cold Fear.