Connie Faull's Reviews > Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease: The Revolutionary, Scientifically Proven, Nutrition-Based Cure

Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease by Caldwell B. Esselstyn Jr.

Sep 14, 11

Read from September 10 to 13, 2011 — I own a copy

I purchased this book after watching Dr. Sanjay Gupta's special on CNN entitled "The Last Heart Attack." Dr. Esselstyn, although not a cardiologist, has been doing research regarding plant based diets and the prevention, arrestment, and in some cases reversal of heart disease. He has stories of some of his patients who had had heart attacks, and either were not candidates for surgical intervention or chose to try his diet instead. All of his patients, after only a few weeks on his plant based diet, saw their symptoms of angina/chest pain stop usually with a week or two. They also went back for follow-up stress tests which came back normal, and most saw a shrinkage if not total reversal of the blockages in their arteries. In this book he quotes Dr. Dean Ornish who wrote "The China Syndrome" as saying: "I don't understand why asking pople to eat a well-balanced vegetarian diet is considered drastic, while it is medically conservative to cut people open."

This book gives me a lot to think about. I've been flirting with the idea of veganism, but I'm not sure I can stick with it, but the results seen by Dr. Esselstyn are an extraordinary push in that direction.

If you have ever thought about the effects of diet on your health, if you have heart disease or any other ailment, I recommend you read this book and make you own decision about it.

2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease.