Elizabeth's Reviews > Death Bringer

Death Bringer by Derek Landy

Feb 11, 12

bookshelves: adventure-action, fantasy, romance, series, young-adult
Read from September 11 to 14, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 2

** spoiler alert ** Oh my God. I just finished this book and it is one of the best in the series, right next to Dark Days.

I finished it in 5 days, I could not put it down! Valkyrie has grown up so much. And we discover some SERIOUS stuff about Skulduggery's past! Both of them are ambidextrous mages (so far, at least) and both of them are/were potential Death Bringers. Both of them have a dark alter ego, they even tried to kill each other! But they're best friends, and neither of them can bear to see the other die.

Ships have sunk: Valkyrie/Fletcher, Valkyrie/Caelan, Skulduggery/China. All of this is paving the path for Valkyrie/Skulduggery!

And this is the first book without Tanith in it, except for mention by name. I feel so sorry for poor Ghastly, he was SO CLOSE to being with her! There's not much of him in this book, sadly, but he DID say some of the most important lines, to Fletcher.

The Requim Ball was definitely for all those fans who have written fanfiction about a Sanctuary Ball! Valkyrie was amazing, and boy, Skulduggery can DANCE! With China... ewww....

Lots of shocking revelations and events happen in this book. The final trilogy will be something that is very different from the first two.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death Bringer.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Claire mcdonagh I encourage you to come and join the Skulduggery Pleasant group for news,discussion and fun games :)

message 2: by Sam (new) - added it