Bettie☯'s Reviews > Crime and Punishment

Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky

May 16, 2014

bookshelves: teh-brillianz, slavic, re-visit-2014, re-read, re-visit-2013, spring-2014
Read from January 01, 1978 to May 17, 2014 , read count: ad infinitum

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crime and Punishment.

05/16/2014 marked as: currently-reading
05/16/2014 marked as: read

message 1: by Wanda (new) - added it

Wanda My Dear W is reading this one for his English class. He says the classics are "cool." Who knew?

Bettie☯ WW is not wrong - it is a cool book. Once read, maybe a gander at the film with Ben Kingsley.

The thing with this story, which I know inside out, is that I still cringe in anticipation of...

...it's the same sweat producing angst that beset Roger Rabbit when they came knocking the walls

Rap Tat tah TAT TAT

message 3: by Wanda (new) - added it

Wanda Right you are! I only hope this helps to instill a love of the classics in him. I have been coaxing him for quite some time to read the classics and that he would enjoy them tremendously. But, true to kids, he had to make his own discovery. **shrugs shoulders**

When he picked this off the shelf, my heart did a somersault. I told him that it was a terrific selection and one he would not regret. I explained how the original was printed in installments and how each section was written as a cliffhanger of sorts to entice the readers to purchase the next installment. He thinks that idea is neat. I told him about DailyLit.com which will allow one to subscribe to classics in "installment" form and have a new selection delivered to your email box every day.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!!

message 4: by Bettie☯ (last edited Dec 07, 2011 08:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bettie☯

hahaha - yes, Napoleon Complex in twelve equally carrot-esque installments.

So pleased you are enjoying Quincunx, and that your warm tootsies have arrived, now I can rest knowing you (and dear Hayes et al of course) have the right kind of December.

Bettie☯ Laura wrote: "Watch at YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxypY2..."

wow - a BBC version - who knew!? YOU DID

Thanks Laura. The Ben Kingsley version is a perennial in our house but nothing beats the suffocating and anguished book.

Except the suffocating, haunting paranoia of Notes from Underground. Wonder if there is a film of that

Laura Enjoy it!!