Webbweaver Reviews's Reviews > Dark Echo

Dark Echo by F.G. Cottam

Sep 14, 11

This story is about a possessed boat, and the father and son duo who intend to sail her. Magnus Stannard is a rich and powerful business man by the time he buys a dilapidated boat called Dark Echo. He had seen it in a book as a child, and to the then poor boy, it represented greatness and wealth and freedom. Magnus wants to restore the enchanting boat and sail her on a trans-Atlantic route to America with his only son, Martin. This is to be his retirement.
But Martin gets an uneasy feeling about the boat, and about its original master, Harry Spaulding. Spaulding was a rich American with a dark past. To say the man, and the boat, had a dark and sometimes unlucky association, was putting it mildly. Magnus, however, didn’t share the concern. To him, there may have been unlucky owners, but a thing such as a boat was benign in nature, and certainly not cursed. Would their voyage be successful and without incident or would something much more sinister happen? The mind can play tricks on you, can’t it?
I love a good ghost story and I’m very much intrigued by the paranormal so this book was a no-brainer for me. It grabbed me from the very first page, and wouldn’t let me go right up until the very last page. I was oohing and aahing the entire time I was reading this work. Dark Echo is a fantastic book about the paranormal, and how the past can interfere with the present. It involves the demonic, and the holy. It involves all kinds of haunts, residual and intelligent, not only having to do with the boat, but the character’s encounters with other ghosts as well. If you are curious about the paranormal, you MUST read this book! Mr. Cottam has written a truly gripping, edge-of-your-seat story with Dark Echo. His knack for detail works to his advantage by scaring the ever-loving Hell out of you! And for you romantics, there is a bit of that also. A true love that shines through all the scary parts. What wouldn’t you do for the one you loved?
4 spiders for this one.
SB Price
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Echo.