jenjn79's Reviews > True Betrayals

True Betrayals by Nora Roberts

May 24, 08

bookshelves: author-nora-roberts, favs-reread, favs-all-time, reviewed, genre-romance-suspense, stars-5
Recommended to jenjn79 by: part of my Nora Roberts search
Recommended for: Nora Roberts fans
Read in January, 2004

This is one of my favorite Nora Roberts books. Actually, the first time I read it, I thought it was good, but didn't love it. But for whatever reason, the story stuck in my head and I found myself wanting to read it again. So I did, about a year later, I guess. And it became one of my favorites.

The book has a little bit of everything, which is perhaps why I like it so much. Love and betrayal, family reunions, horses, mystery, self-discovery...and so much more. I enjoy the story alone because of the romance that develops between Kelsey and Gabe - they're a fantastic couple - but the plot is one of the best things about the book. It's well-thought-out and engaging, the characters are interesting...I'm just never bored while reading this book. I'm sure someone with a lot of knowledge of horses and the horse racing world could find things to pick at, but to the average reader, everything comes across as logical and reasonable. And as someone with little knowledge of the subject, I wasn't confused at all.

If I had one gripe with this book, it was that the behind-the-scenes antagonist never really had to face what they had done. That kind of annoyed me, but otherwise, I love everything about True Betrayals
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read True Betrayals.

message 1: by Sonja (new) - added it

Sonja I picked it up from the free rack at the library on Monday when I was waiting on my kids. I know I've read it, I'm pretty sure I am the one who left it on the free rack, but I had forgotten some of the details and am enjoying reading it again!