Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews's Reviews > Three Mates, One Destiny

Three Mates, One Destiny by Scarlet Hyacinth

Sep 14, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: erotic, contemporary, anal-play-sex, m-m, m-m-m, menage, paranormal
Read in September, 2011

Originally published at: http://whippedcream2.blogspot.com/201...

Nothing is worse than feeling like a third wheel. Sebastian and Marcus seem to have so much love for one another especially after being together for so many years. Poor Paulie cannot imagine having a place within the relationship. I could not imagine being destined to be with two partners whom have already been such a constant in each other’s lives. I related to Paulie’s apprehensiveness since I, too, would feel the same way.

The secondary characters are very likable, but can be a bit overwhelming. I did not have the pleasure of reading the previous stories in this series, which left me at a disadvantage because there are so many characters that I felt disconnected to. With that said, I can see how readers of the previous stories would love these characters and would want more of them.

This story had a very dynamic plot, which made it extremely entertaining. Not only were the main characaters trying to sort out their relationship, but they also had to deal with rogue werewolves and intolerant families. Again, since I did not read previous stories within this story I felt a little disconnected from some aspects of the sub-plots. One plot I felt completely emotionally involved in was Sebastian’s personal issues. Poor Sebastian only seemed to have his parents and Marcus in his corner. Because of his half-blood heritage, he is viewed as a misfit among his kind. While this made the story complex it is a common situation so it made the emotional connection with the characters particularly Sebastian more in depth.

This story was definitely action packed which made the time fly when reading. There was never a dull moment and for that, I would recommend this story to anyone who loves a good, sexy shifter now and then.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Three Mates, One Destiny.