Serendipity Reviews's Reviews > Sister, Missing

Sister, Missing by Sophie McKenzie

Sep 26, 11

Read from September 14 to 16, 2011

When I received this book, I was a little worried. I thought that it would be impossible to write a sequel to Girl, Missing. It was such a unique story, that I worried Sister, Missing would just be a repeated version of the original.

As the book began to open up, my worries were constantly with me, as we witnessed a similar abduction of Madison in a copy cat style, but then everything changed. The kidnapping was completely different to Lauren's and the book went off in another direction.

It was extremely sad to read that Lauren's real father, Sam had passed away, as he had forged such a strong bond with his long lost daughter. Lauren must have felt rather deserted again, especially when her grandparents whom she had held a special relationship with, were moved in a retirement home. The only solid relationship Lauren had, was with Madison, so to find her taken away from her too, would have caused any normal person to have a breakdown. Luckily Lauren is not fragile and will not be broken, as she does all she can to save her sister.

As the book progresses, you find that the author claws you into the story again. Sophie McKenzie is very good at keeping you hooked from the very first page and holding you tight until the end.

The last chapters veered off completely from my own assumptions and I was shocked by the events that transpired. I am not sure that I would want to be a member of that family as they seem to ooze bad luck in abundance.

On the whole, a fast paced thriller that leaves you on the edge of your seat, as you hope and pray that the family will find peace in the end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sister, Missing.

09/15/2011 page 150