Ramona Wray's Reviews > Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer

Oct 07, 11

Wow. I haven't felt so disappointed about a book in a very long time. Trouble was that with the amazing debut, Nightshade, Ms Cremer set herself some really high standards. I LOVED Nightshade, so naturally I was expecting to be blown away by the sequel. Blown away I was not, however.
SPOILER ALERT
The only thing that happens in the book is Calla and her new 'friends', the Searchers, go back to Vail to try and rescue Call's pack mates. It happens fast. Before you know it, it's over.
The rest? It's all talk, talk, talk. Unnecessary details coming from newly introduced characters who failed to make an actual impression. CONSTANT bickering. That actually got to me to the point where I had to skim over the pages. Inappropriate joke-cracking in the middle of allegedly tense scenes. A whole bunch of details that didn't come together (in the mythology department).
But the worst thing yet? Ren makes a cameo appearance for three-and-a-half seconds and that's it. He was my favorite character, so the fact that he was missing in the sequel was kind of disappointing. Okay, not kind of. A lot.

7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wolfsbane.

message 1: by Emi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emi Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt this way. Forty pages into the book I was ready to put it down because of all of the bickering...I mean, a little is fine, it adds humor to the situation, but there was just too much. It didn't really feel like a book, more like a really...really long chapter.

message 2: by Ramona (new) - added it

Ramona Wray Lol. I know. I kept waiting for the punch line ... But it never came :-)

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog arrggghh not sure if I can't read this book if there's no Ren. He made the last book interesting for me and I don't know if the series will have the same pull to me without him

message 4: by Em (new) - rated it 1 star

Em The bickering was so annoying. I don't get why everyone loves Connor so much; he annoyed me. So. Much. Bickering.