Shawna LeAnn's Reviews > Everblue

Everblue by Brenda Pandos

5320190
Sep 15, 11

Read from September 14 to 15, 2011

Okay, this book was my first ever mermaid book. I have seen books around with this theme and they have not caught my eye for some reason. But this one did. I seem to have a thing with books that tell stories from two peoples point of view. And this book did it flawlessly. It added so much more depth to the characters and their romance that was very much needed by the way this book played out. It had me from the first chapter and I finished it within one day, I really couldn't put it down. Brenda Pandos has me on the edge of my seat waiting to find out what happens next.

Now, being my first mermaid book, I don't have anything else to compare her paranormal aspect to. But I will tell you, I LOVE what she did with it. The promising, the way they change, their underwater home, all of it. They way Pandos slowly puts together the puzzle pieces to Fin and Ashlyns love, ah, swoon! And the best friend in this book was amazing. I loved Tatiana and was ferrous at what happens to her. I think that is what made this book, Brenda Pandos way with words. She seriously captures you and makes you fall in love with her characters. But this is all in a great way, I promise readers!

You know those books that kill you with too much detail? Well this was NOT one of them. Another thing I found I love with Pandos. There was just enough detail to let you picture it vividly in your mind while taking you hostage with her beautiful word usage. From page to page I kept getting more enthralled into this book. It was more than just the amazing story that held my attention, it was also the writing. Which I love to see.

I am sure you will love reading this book. And for only $3.00 it is a steal! But beware....the second book is not out yet, so read at your own caution. Because we all know how when left with a cliff hanger, waiting is the worst part!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everblue.