Kara Roberts's Reviews > This Land is Your Land

This Land is Your Land by Woody Guthrie

Honor America-and Woodie Guthrie's 90th birthday-with this beautiful gift package. Featuring the complete lyrics and musical notation to the beloved anthem "This Land is Your Land," as well as a photo-essay about Woody, a note from his daughter Nora Guthrie, and a tribute by beloved folk singer Pete Seeger, this stunning book paints an unforgettable picture of our diverse land. Now an award-winning CD containing nine popular folk songs performed by Woody and Arlo Guthrie is bound into the book, making this a treasure for the whole family or classroom to share.

I could use this book in many ways in my classroom. One way I could use this book is to introduce/talk about America's culture, history, and customs. Using this book on America's birthday would be interesting to do. I also could use this book in enforce a social studies lesson.
I would like to do a music lesson with this book as well. This book has a musical insert that wuld be fun to get the students involved with.
One other thing I could do with this book would be to research the man who wrote this song. A research project would be a very good way to include every student in learning.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Land is Your Land.