Peep (Pop! Pop!)'s Reviews > The Faceless Ones

The Faceless Ones by Derek Landy

Sep 13, 11

bookshelves: addicted-to-ya, audio-goodness, read-in-2011, liked
Read on August 13, 2011

These are some of the most entertaining audiobooks that I have ever listened to. The narrator is spot on with everyone's voices and personalities and the humor is really good. This would be great family listening if the bad guys weren't killers, but still it's good listening for the targeted age group and uh, mature listeners such as myself.

I do think that this one is a little more serious than the last book. I don't remember much of the first book, but I remember the second book being hilarious. This one is still funny, but not as much. There are a lot of fights though, so really good reading if you like action and humor.

I still like Valkyrie in this book. I liked how she is trying to do good (by saving the world), but I also like how she's still just a kid. It was kind of sad seeing her miss the important bits of her life. I wonder if, in the next book, she'll take a break and live her own life. You have to wonder what is up with the Reflection! What is going to happen there? I was also surprised to see so many people concerned about Valkerie's welfare. Usually those kinds of things are ignored in a book like this, or glossed over. I think the people that felt Val should be a normal kid made some valid points. But wouldn't it totally suck if the day she takes a break is the very day that the bad guys successfully do their bad deeds?

Skulduggery is still awesome. He's so debonair and funny. You know I really like the names of the characters. Ghastly Bespoke, Tanith Low, My favorite would be China Sorrows. I want to know what's up with her.

Did anyone else think that Val was about to get a boyfriend?! I really liked the ending and can't wait for the next book. I totally didn't see that (view spoiler) coming!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Faceless Ones.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Capps I agree! I am listening to them on audio and the narrator has got or down. Did you listen to the interview with Skulduggery at the end of book 1? Hilarious.

Peep (Pop! Pop!) I read the first book :( I didn't know about the interview, that would have been fun! I started listening with the second book. Full Cast Audio did Street Magic (Circle Opens, #2) by Tamora Pierce, the audiobook was excellent!