Anas Attic Book Blog's Reviews > Love Unscripted

Sep 07, 12

bookshelves: favorites, rock-stars-bad-boys, smut-romance
Read from September 13 to 16, 2011

Read more of my reviews and ramblings at Ana's Attic Sexy Tales

Review of 2nd reading, one year later: First thing you need to know about Love Unscripted by Tina Reber, besides that I absolutely loved it even more the second time, is that it is L-O-N-G. This is not a bad thing! Not at all. This is a like reading a book trilogy all in one. And I would have been happy and satisfied if it ended after Love Unscripted. But when you find out there is a sequel, you just want to “squeeee!”

I read Love Unscripted in September of 2011. I have read probably about 225 books since then, but this one has stood the test for me. Knowing that Love Unrehearsed comes out next week, I decided to do a re-read so it is nice and fresh in my mind. Normally I post at Ana’s Attic daily. Did you notice I skipped a day? I couldn’t put the book down. Since I know all of you who read my blog can understand that obsession, I figured you’d let me slide.

Taryn Mitchell owns a bar by the ocean (and lives above it) in Rhode Island. Ryan Christensen (think Robert Pattinson, fame-wise) is filming the second movie based on a book trilogy nearby. Taryn isn’t the type to be star-struck. She has never read the books, or seen any of his movies, and doesn’t understand why her friends and every woman in a 2 hour radius is screaming his name. One morning, as she steps out the front door of her bar, Ryan comes running down the street with screaming fans chasing him. He ducks through the bar asking for the back door, and the fans think he escaped. But he had accidentally used the door to Taryn’s apartment. In the midst of a panic attack, scratched up and with ripped clothes, Taryn let him calm down, cleaned him up, and ended up spending the day together in the closed bar.

From the minute they started talking, I was smiling. Both characters were so real and likable. Ryan is so sweet and adorable, and Taryn, though a little too perfect for him was totally likable. One thing I really loved is how they took their time falling in love. Their relationship developed at a pretty slow pace at the beginning. Taryn was afraid of getting hurt when he leaves, and Ryan just wanted to take it slow to not scare her away. This would be my thoughts (and it was her friend’s):

“You know what I think? I think you should stop all this nonsense and screw the shit out of him until he passes out from exhaustion…you’ll have to feed him, of course, to keep his energy level up, but make sure you hide his clothes so he can’t get dressed. Men can’t run when they’re naked.”~Taryn’s BFF

As they became a serious couple, you couldn’t help but fall even further in love with them.

“Gently he rolled me onto my back; his eyes opened and locked onto mine. ‘Are you sure? ‘cuz I want you more than air right now.’” ~Ryan

Sure, they had a lot of realistic issues thrown at them. Mostly the paparazzi, and screaming fans, but they dealt with them well. If the whole book was like the first 2/3, I would have loved it and given it 5 happy stars. But then, BAM!!! Shit hit the fan, and everything started happening!!!! I couldn’t put the book down during the first 2/3, but during the last 2/3, there was NO. WAY. And this was a re-read!!!!

I laughed a lot, I cried, I swooned. I totally fell in love with Ryan all over again. I love that he never lost his down-to-earth personality. He loved acting, but hated the crap that went with it. I loved this book just as much, if not more, the second time around.

“I don’t want anyone else – just you. And no matter where I am, wherever I go, you’re the only one who is holding my heart.” ~Ryan

Loves:

-Ryan. His parents. Taryn’s friends.
-The length of the book allowed Tina to tell every little detail, and I loved them all.
-The slow warmup to love.
-Taryn’s insecurities were so real, I would have felt all the same things.

Things I wish happened: (I couldn’t find a dislike)

-I wish Ryan would have said “screw you” to his publicist and everyone else and screamed to the world how in love he was.
-I wish there was some more hot sex. Some good stuff was alluded to (they both had sore hips one day! Why exactly? I want to know!) Ryan was such a boy-next-door sweetheart, but he sounded hot in bed. Prove it!

Re-read rating: 5++++++++ stars, 3.5 Heat

The end was happy. I was good with it. Is it a HEA? Not really. More like a Happy-for-now. But lucky us, because book 2, Love Unrehearsed, comes out on September 14th!!!

Since I read Love Unscripted last year, I became Facebook friends with Tina Reber. I have to tell you, she is AWESOME. She is funny as hell, has AMAZING taste in men, (she posts hotties all the time), great taste in books, and she promised Love Unrehearsed will be even hotter. Tina will also be visiting us at Ana’s Attic!!! I’ll post more information very soon, but I can’t wait!!!

Love Unscripted (659 juicy pages) will be available for all e-readers on September 10th. Until then, you can get it at AMAZON.

Original review from September 2011:

Wow wow wow. I LOVE LOVE LOVED it!!! Notice the repeats? Well, obviously I felt pretty strongly about it. I'm exhausted because I barely slept, having to finish the book. For 2 days all I did was smile, then my heart broke and I cried and I was happy again.....

The fact that it was so nice and long was the best thing! We took our time getting to know the characters, and they took their time falling in love (or at least admitting it). I loved all the characters in the book, even the few I hated!

Ryan needs to get his ass out there and scream from the rooftops as he said, and maybe Taryn wouldn't be so insecure. But who can blame her? I just hope in the next book Ryan keeps that part of his personality that would never be a cheater, and that Taryn doesn't overreact. But then again, there wouldn't be much of a story then would there?

I must say, at first I thought it was just a nice, meaty, feel good love story. Superstar falls for ordinary girl forever....the end. And honestly, the way it was written, that would have been OK. I was loving it. The first half of the book or more I couldn't stop smiling. But putting the realistic obstacles a couple like that would face just sealed the deal for me.

5+ stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Unscripted.

09/14/2011 "I'm 26% done. This book is nice and juicy and long. I can't stop!!!"
09/14/2011 "I'm 37% sone with this book, and all I have done is smile!!! I LOVE it!!!"
09/15/2011 "80% done. Not paranormal, not Rock Star but I LOVE it!! So glad its really long!"
09/04/2012 "Re-reading!!! Love this book!"
09/05/2012
45.0% "I feel guilty about forgetting how in love with Ryan I was! I'm in live all over again @tinareber <3"
09/06/2012
86.0% "Bawling. My. Eyes. Out. And this is a re-read!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Deelilah Galtieri where did u find this book i've literally looked in every bookstore i know please help !! xx

Anas Attic  Book Blog Deelilah wrote: "where did u find this book i've literally looked in every bookstore i know please help !! xx"

I read kindle books on my iphone. I got the kindle version at amazon.

Hope I couldn't put this book down on a re-read also. I really loved it and am anxiously awaiting LU2. Yay!