Rosalie Stanton's Reviews > Darkest Hunger

Darkest Hunger by Aline Hunter

Yes, I am one of Aline's lucky crit partners, so I did get to view this in advance. (HAHAH! Suckas!) And, needless to say, it is an amazing follow-up to Eternity and a Day. Aline does something I envy; manages to write a follow-up in a series where it is not necessary to have read the first book. Having said that: while knowledge of the first isn't needed, one would certainly benefit from the references and knowledge the first book brings. It had been a while since I first read Eternity and a Day, and while I remembered how much that story rocked (and it does, so make sure to grab that one if you haven't already), the finer details had faded. Yet I had no trouble whatsoever connecting the characters or following the story. And Bridon? Can I get a mmm-mmm with a side of yum? I also loved how strong-willed Willow was, how she didn't take any guff from anyone.

Aline/Jaime is a fantastic writer, and it shines in every book she releases. Seriously: speaking as a reader, an author, and an editor, I can guarantee she is an author to watch.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkest Hunger.