Meagan Myhren-bennett's Reviews > The Grace of God

The Grace of God by Andy Stanley

Sep 13, 11

bookshelves: christian, christian-living, devotional, mercy
Recommended to Meagan by: Book Sneeze
Recommended for: Christians, Bible Study Groups, Libraries
Read from September 01 to 13, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

By Andy Stanley

Grace is something we all strive for but none us ever deserves it and we are reluctant to share it with others. But what is grace, specifically God’s Grace?

Andy Stanley takes us on a journey through the Bible and time to show us that every act of God is part of His plan for Grace. His entire act of Creation was a gift of Grace. We did not have to have a separation between day and night or land and sea. God could have stopped with Adam but in His grace he did not leave Adam without a human relationship.

In His plan for redemption He did not pick the most righteous individuals to fill Jesus’ family tree. He picked those who were fallen and sinful. He chose the Judahs and the Rahabs for Jesus’ lineage. God brought to light what most people would try to hide. In His grace He came to the sinful and the undeserving because if we deserve grace it is not grace.

The Grace of God makes one realize how many times during a day one can extend God’s grace to others. We should strive to be like the father in the parable of the Prodigal Son, we should openly rejoice when someone comes seeking a relationship with our Heavenly Father. We should not be like Jonah, doing everything we can to keep from sharing God’s grace. God is merciful and He will accept anyone at anytime if they hold out their hand to Him and His gift of grace.

We must always remember Grace is God’s gift to us, we can never earn it and He offers it freely to all.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Grace of God.