Andy Shuping's Reviews > The Emperor of Nihon-Ja

The Emperor of Nihon-Ja by John Flanagan

Sep 13, 11

Here's the thing about this book. It's a fantastic adventure story and fits the rest of the series perfectly. Horace takes center stage and has a chance to shine and some of our old friends come back to make an appearance (including the Vikings!) for this last great adventure. And that's just it...it's the end of the series. If the series was continuing on I'd give this book 4 or 5 stars, but because it's supposed to serve as the final chapter (yes other books may be written, but everything says this is the last) I expected a better conclusion to the tale. Let us see Will and Alyss get married. Let us know what type of ruler Evanlyn becomes with Horace at her side. Or at least let them make it home and end the series there with Halt back in the arms of Lady Pauline. Instead we're left on the ship, sailing towards home, and it ends. And while it isn't overly bad...it's just lacking that fitting conclusion that it needs.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Emperor of Nihon-Ja.