Amber's Reviews > Hide from Evil

Hide from Evil by Jami Alden

Nov 06, 11

bookshelves: suspense

This is a great romantic suspense book and sequel to Beg For Mercy. I strongly recommend reading Beg For Mercy first because the characters here play a big role in the first one and the story lines are heavily intertwined. I had a lot of anticipation for this book after being so pleased with Beg For Mercy, and, thankfully, it delivered. It's very steamy with a high quotient of romance, but the suspense is still hot and heavy. For me, who often finds not enough sex or romance in my suspense, this is the perfect blend. The romance is the main feature, the suspense is what they use to get there.

The one caveat is that I was disappointed in the quality of editing. Despite my fast pace at reading, due to a compelling story, I noticed several typos. And beyond that, there was a certain lack of polish to the writing. It seemed worse than Beg For Mercy. It definitely seemed below the level that I'd expect from a mass marketed book. I actually had to double check if it was self published or from a small press, since my copy was digital.

This wasn't enough to move me off the series, not at all. I am eagerly awaiting the third book, and just crossing my fingers about the editing. (*ahem* If anyone's listening, the third sentence in the excerpt for the next book has two words reversed.)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hide from Evil.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

♡Karlyn P♡ Great review!! I loved this one. :-)

You made me check the excerpt in the back, but I don't see the error. The first sentence reads, "Someone was watching her."

Amber Oops, the third! I knew I should have checked and not gone off memory. It reads, "The tingling her in shoulders, her scalp, the way the hairs on the back of her neck stood on end."

I'm still really looking forward to it. I don't want to wait until March of next year!

♡Karlyn P♡ Oh I see it! Should have read on. I too am looking forward to the next book.