02KarleyB's Reviews > Lock and Key

Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen

Oct 18, 11

Read in October, 2011

If you’ve read other books by Sarah Dessen, like I have, then you probably already know that most of them are a lot alike in the sense that they all have some girl with a troubled passed who finds herself falling in love with a least expected guy. In the story, a girl named Ruby, who has at one point or another, been abandoned by her whole family and now has no one to turn to, ends up being caught by social services and sent to live with her sister which she hasn’t seen in about 10 years. Ruby learns all about what a family is and that letting people help you may not always be easy, but it’s what everyone needs. I like how Sarah always finds a way to include something (such as characters, places, etc.) from her passed books, into her new ones. I did not like how at times the book was a bit predictable and cheesy. I think the lesson that everyone should take away from this book is that at one point in everyone’s lives they have been abandoned, and it is our decision on whether we are going to let people in or just block out the whole world. It’s a fantastic book and it shows a lot of situations that many people have faced and it shows how to deal with all of these things.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lock and Key.