Crazy4more's Reviews > Dying Wish

Dying Wish by Shannon K. Butcher

Aug 16, 12

5 stars

So good, it gets better and better. Even though it seemed so hopeless that each book only 1 warrior got his HEA out of hundreds, yet each book exposed a renewed hope, a deeper intricate plot, another amazing gift, but at the same time, a new challenge... another word, just when I thought same old, same old... I got another WOW factor!

OK, let's get down to business. Yes, I was a bit annoyed by Jackie's stubbornness, selfishness and headstrong, BUT I got over them quickly bc it was all of these characters that made her different, made her strong enough to fight traditions and customs and whatnot. It was these characters that had her fought for lost causes, hopeless-totured imprissonment and of course, for Iain. So, all in all, I liked Jackie for she stayed true to herself, knew what she wanted and fought every step of the way to get it.

Iain, leader of The Band of the Barren. I knew his story would be intense, or at least tricky...I was not disappointed. For someone who had to constantly pretend to be honorable bc he was soulless, he was so much more duty and honor bound than any other warriors so far.

I loved the fast-paced, such colorful and ever changing characters, the sensual love scenes and the intricate plots and sidestories... making this series so compelling and achingly sweet.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dying Wish.