Bonnie (Words at Home Blog)'s Reviews > Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm by Marie Astor

1208448
Oct 04, 11

bookshelves: 2011

Lucky Charm is the kind of book that is perfectly paired with a cozy blanket and glass of wine. It is a sweet, albeit slightly predictable, love story about Annabel who after suffering a devastating heartbreak finds love where she least expected to.

Unfortunately I found the love story to be lacking creativity and it seemed as though the author ran out of ideas for failed relationships – every single character suffered the same type of betrayal. I would have preferred it if the characters and their relationships had a little more depth to them, they fell flat in my opinion and as a reader who looks for strongly developed characters this was a bit of a let down.

While I think that more could have been done with the relationships in this novel, I did genuinely like Annabel’s character and found myself rooting for her. I loved that she was a strong character and once she got over the shock of her fiancé’s disloyalty she found the strength to go for things in life that she had put off because of relationship. She put herself first for a change and that really made me happy.

The story line for the most part was light and breezy and the characters were fun and easy to identify with making Lucky Charm a perfect “girl’s night in” sort of read. After reading my share of dark and serious books lately Lucky Charm was a refreshing change. I would recommend Lucky Charm to fans of Chick-Lit, clean romances, and happy endings.

I received a free e-book of Lucky Charm from The Bookish Snob Promotions (thank you!!!) in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lucky Charm.