Eunice's Reviews > Epic Fail

Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik

Sep 14, 11

bookshelves: chick-lit, realistic-fiction, ya-romance, young-adult
Read in September, 2011

4 of 5 stars

I suck at love stories, really. But last night, I was sort of craving for something like that (I dunno why or maybe I was just taking a little break from reading those stories with soo complicated situations with all those supernatural, out-of-this-world creatures in a knotty complex world. LOL). So yeah, last night I suddenly found myself intentionally looking for a young-adult realistic romance novel. And I found this! And it wasn't an epic fail because I really enjoyed reading this. I stayed up until 3 am to finish this, and yup, it was a one-shot reading.

This book wasn't like those love stories with so much mushy, cheesy scenes that usually put me off. (Yeah, there are always love stories in most young adult books - supernatural, dystopian, paranormal, urban fantasy - and they have those really super mushy, cheesy scenes but they offer more than the love story that's why I keep reading them.) It was very simple and really...cute, I guess. A bit predictable though, but that didn't really stop me from finishing it. Haha. And they say that this is the modern story telling of Pride and Prejudice. But I didn't really find Derek a jerk, once it was revealed that he was a son of two famous Hollywood stars I somehow understand him already, why he was acting all like that. The main characters were really lovable. Except maybe for Layla, she's a real brat. The book contains pretty nice lessons too. So yeah, all in all the book was great, had 4 hours of fun reading it. :))
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Epic Fail.