Jessica's Reviews > Obsidian

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Jan 28, 13

bookshelves: favorites, kindle-books-i-own, still-need-reviews
Read from January 24 to 28, 2013

Oh my goodness! Review to come!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian.

Quotes Jessica Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I've always found that the most beautiful people, truly beautiful inside and out, are the ones who are quietly unaware of their effect." His eyes searched mine intently, and for a moment we stood there toe to toe. "The ones who throw their beauty around, waste what they have? Their beauty is only passing. It's just a shell hiding nothing but shadows and emptiness.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You look like you got more of a bath than the car. I never
thought washing a car would be so hard, but after watching you for the last fifteen minutes, I’m convinced it should be an Olympic sport.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I bet you think things through, right? Accept candy
from strangers and get into vans with a sign that reads free Kittens?”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You look like you're twelve. No. Maybe thirteen, but my sister has this doll that kinda reminds me of you. All big-eyed and vacant.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I didn't eat all of it."

"Oh, so it ate itself?" Dee shrieked so loudly I thought I heard the rafters in the ceiling shake. "Did the spoon ate it? Oh wait, I know. The carton ate it."

"Actually, I think the freezer ate it.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Daemon followed me home after school. Literally. He tailed me in his new Infiniti SUV. My old Camry, with its leaky exhaust and loud muffler, was no match for the speed he wanted to go. I’d brake-checked him several times. He’d blown his horn. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“My eyelids flickered open again and focused on Daemon. He had his eyes closed as he leaned his head against the wall but I knew he was listening to everything. Dee talked about taking me home if my mom couldn’t leave. I was struck again by the twins. Daemon and Dee didn’t belong here, but I did. I could blend easily with the whitewashed walls and pale green curtains. I was as plain as the linoleum, but these two seemed to light the room with their flawless beauty and demanding presence.
Ah, the medication was kicking in. I was poetic. And high. Bliss.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Diana Omg I loooved this book! Hope you like it too!