Sarah's Reviews > The Spiderwick Chronicles Box Set

The Spiderwick Chronicles Box Set by Holly Black

Apr 23, 08

Read in November, 2007

I thought this was a great series for sci-fi/fantasy lovers. This definitely was NOT a series for small kids. It can be a little scary and violent at points, but it's great for older kids and adults. It's definitely helpful to read the books before seeing the movie though, because (like all movies-from-books) so much was changed for the big screen and you also need to understand the background and what the characters were thinking in their minds that you can't see conveyed on the screen.

Also, this was a very fast series to read. Each book can be read in about an hour each. So that's about 5-6 hours to read the entire series. After reading the whole series myself, I re-read them out loud to some young boys (8 & 9) in my husband's family when they came to visit us. Normally very active, they sat there in rapt attention just dying to know what was going to happen next. We were able to read the first three books together. They couldn't wait to start the fourth and fifth books when they got back home. I think I'd like to own this set. And now there are even more supplemental books for the series. I can't wait to get my hands on those!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Spiderwick Chronicles Box Set.