K.B.'s Reviews > Witchling

Witchling by Yasmine Galenorn

Jun 18, 07

bookshelves: urban-fantasy

In the ever-growing genre of urban fantasy Yasmine Galenorn is going to be one of the big ones.

A few people seem to think that the Otherworld series is just a rip-off of Charmed. *shrugs* I don't agree.

We tend to see elements of things we enjoy in every book we read, there are no new stories after all. The trick is when an author manages to portray themes in a new light. Witchling is all that and then some. Steeped in mystery, magic and mayhem she seamlessly blends together a world that as the reader you're never really sure hasn't existed all this time.

Otherworld and Earth, two planes of existence that co-exist are on the brink of destruction. Only no one wants to acknowledge it. The FBH (full-blooded humans) are mostly clueless, and the Crown and Court are too busy with their opium dreams to bother outfitting for war. So it's up to Camille and her two half-human/half-Fae sisters to stop the demon armies from shattering the divisions between the worlds and turning all of existence into the devil's playground.

For those of you who like stories rich in mythos, a world that is rich in scenery and characters who are real enough to step off the page - don't pass up this book. This series looks to be one that will keep you on the edge of your seat for the whole ride!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Witchling.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

♥ Ashleigh ♥  contrary to popular belief im not actually mad! Totally agree with you, i love this series its unlike everything i have every read and they way the characters are put together is brilliant.