Chrissy12's Reviews > Lover Reborn

Lover Reborn by J.R. Ward

Jun 16, 12

bookshelves: own
Read from May 06 to June 05, 2012 — I own a copy

Ahh how I enjoyed coming back to this series after waiting for what felt like forever for it to arrive in my mailbox. To me, I felt this book had a different edge and feel compared to the others. It took a little longer to get into each story line, but like always once that point hits you are forever engrossed. Lover Reborn includes several stories:
1. Tohr is trying to move on from the death of his Shellan Wellsie. He and Lassiter reveal all the dangers, suffering and torture that comes along with a death as you continuously reflect on past memories rather than moving forward. (Extra note: I Love Lassister in this book!!)
2. 'No One', who is later renamed by Tohr, discovers the emotions and hardship she has placed on herself from an event that was unavoidable. She also tries to develop a positive relationship with her daughter, Xhex.
3.The book also reflects back on John Matthew and Xhex's relationship, which definitely made me excited as I loved Lover Mine, but unfortunately their relationship runs into trouble. They question their future together as they both have opposing views when it comes to the battle with Lessers and the Band of Brothers
4. Their is once again glimpses of Blay, Quinn, Saxton and Layla... which MUST continue on to the next book as they make life choices, which hang open till the last page.
5. The Band of Brothers are back and continue their hunt for the King, a change from lessers vs. vampires from past books to vampires vs. vampires, love it!!

I absolutely LOVE Tohr, he is such a true male; a man who is the perfect father figure for John Matthew AND a man who can stir up every emotion in a woman, especially 'No One'.
Reading about Tohr trying to get over Wellsie was so heartbreaking. His story was definitely the highlight of the whole book, but their are still stories and questions that are untold...
So I guess I just have to wait for the next one. Please hurry J.R. Ward!! :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lover Reborn.

05/06/2012 page 76