Rachel (Sfogs)'s Reviews > Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde with the Merry Men & Other Stories

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde with the Merry Men & Other Stories by Robert Louis Stevenson

Sep 18, 11

Read from September 13 to 19, 2011

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde
I found this a very interesting story. For who has ever thought of what would happen if it really were possible to split the two personalities of a person, so that they became separate beings? In this story the ‘good’ one is happy how it is and doesn’t take a separate form. The ‘bad’ or ‘evil’ one takes a separate form and slowly strengthens it till Dr Jekyll loses control of the changes.

The Merry Men
Okay this story was just very sad. A remote and harsh Scottish island inhabited by a single family, and the misadventures that follow them, and those that brave its rough coast line.

Will O’ The Mill
This was really beautiful story. I really liked it.

Markheim
A murderer’s conscience. This was interesting with the spirit creature (I’m not sure if it was really, good or evil) trying to change Markheim’s plans.

Thrawn Janet
I found this story far more spook/scary than ‘Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde’.

Olalla
Madness/Vampirism both seem possible with Olalla’s mother, and because of this and other traits of their decreased race, Olalla gives up her love so that their race can’t continue. It was sad!

The Treasure of Franchard
Jean-Marie helps to teach Doctor Desprez a very important and humbling lesson.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde with the Merry Men & Other Stories.

09/15/2011 page 60