Cj W's Reviews > Descent into Dust

Descent into Dust by Jacqueline Lepore

Sep 12, 2011

bookshelves: romance, murder-mystery, fiction, fantasy, want-to-re-read-at-some-point
Read in August, 2011

Dhampir:
"The offspring of a vampire and a human, a dhampir is generally portrayed as one with all or most powers of a vampire, with few to no disadvantages."
- Courtesy of Urban Dictionary

Descent Into Dust

A book from a relatively new author, and psychologist, Jacqueline Lepore.

Emma Andrews, a widowed woman, comes to Avebury to spend some time with her family, and her favoured niece, Henrietta.

It moves into her past, her history of her Mothers mental illness, and also into a romance with a very unlikely character, Valarian Fox, Vampire Hunter.

MY THOUGHTS:
I picked up this book by chance, while perusing through the fiction section at the library, looking for something to read.
I had not heard of the book, the author, or the story, and had no reservations about it at all.

I can honestly say, that I am glad I decided to pick it up.
The book is very well written. I believe, in part, because of the author's psychological background, she writes in ways to grasp the readers attention, which she certainly could have learned in her psych studies.

Also, the romance between her and Mr Fox is very well done. It's very slow moving, not rushed into at all, which I appreciated, because I hate when romance is hot and heavy from the very beginning. There is no real basis for 'hot n heavy' in my mind.

Jacqueline also has a great website, http://www.jacquelinelepore.com
You should check that out, it's dark and all creepy like. ;)

This book you can obviously get at your local library, or, Barnes n Noble has it for about $12, Amazon has it for $11, or used for way cheaper.
I, being kinda tight on cash, am always in love with the local library option!

- CJ

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Descent into Dust.