Dotty's Reviews > Blindsided

Blindsided by Priscilla Cummings

Sep 17, 11

bookshelves: 2011-2012-school-year, realistic-fiction
Read from September 12 to 17, 2011

I really liked this book and I wonder what someone who has really had this experience would say about the book. I have a couple people in mind to share the book with to get that perspective. Natalie, the main character, seemed very realistic with hopes and fears as she faced blindness. The struggle between these drew me in. There was foreshadowing for two major tense events in the story. The foreshadowing was part of what kept me engaged, but I think the character struggle was even more compelling.

Book talk: The doctor's words, glaucoma and blindness, thrust Natalie into darkness. She knew her vision was getting worse, but she always assumed she would be able to see some things. Natalie hoped the doctor was mistaken, but her mother seemed convinced and insisted Natalie attend the school for the blind. So not only was she losing her sight, but her family, her friends, and the farm life she loved. The new school was to prepare her to live life in darkness, but Natalie didn't expect to need braille. And as for using a white cane... never!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blindsided.