Heather's Reviews > Fear

F_50x66
Sep 12, 11

bookshelves: ya, science-fiction
Read in September, 2011

Sam and Caine have split the survivors of the FAYZ into two separate camps- those at the lake and those staying in Perdido beach. Sam is feeling lost and useless without an enemy to fight as Edilio runs the day to day lake operations. Little does he know that the return of Astrid id just around the corner.

Caine is dealing with his own leadership difficulties and is trying to maintain control and tolerance between those with abilities and those without. Changes in this delicate balance will test the strength of all those who stayed in town.

As if their daily lives were not complicated enough, the Gaiaphage, Drake and Brittney, and the adults outside the FAYZ are ready to impose their own wills on the almost destroyed survivors.

As a conclusion to the series, it does not give the finality that many readers will expect. Questions are answered, secrets are revealed, but some mysteries of the FAYZ are left unresolved. It is both a refreshing take on the neat, tidy ending and really annoying.

The series definitely has some adult concepts (violent deaths, questions of morality) but would appeal to a wide audience of both genders.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fear.

Comments (showing 74-123)

message 123: by Michael (new)

Michael Thanks for that, much appreciated.

But it's not the final book. One more to come: LIGHT.

Then we're done.

message 122: by Phelan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Phelan Archuleta Can't wait to read Fear!!!

message 121: by Hashi (new) - added it

Hashi Has Fear already come out? How do you know about it, have you read it? Plz tell me if it's already out. I really want to know what happens! :)

message 120: by Hashi (new) - added it

Hashi Mr Michael Grant ( if you are reading this) have you already written Light?

message 119: by Phelan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Phelan Archuleta Fear is supposed to come out April 3.:(

Giuliana♡ What about Diana? How's Diana?!

message 117: by Michael (new)

Michael I haven't started LIGHT yet. I'm doing a book called EVE AND ADAM AND with my wife. At the same time I've started BZRK 2. Then will come LIES. I feel like I just finished FEAR.

message 116: by Phelan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Phelan Archuleta Im confused. Then will come Lies?

message 115: by Hashi (new) - added it

Hashi Dear Mr Grant, thank you for answering my question. Your series is so awesome and most of the people I know have read them. Plague is my favorite book and, Edilio and Sanjit are my favorite characters, ( just thought I'll say!) I can't wait till Fear comes out. Good luck with Light. I don't think I can really wail till 2013! It'll be amazing if your series will be made into a TV series or movie! Is there any news involving that? Bye, have a good day!! :)

message 114: by Kyle (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kyle How did you get a copy? :O
I would do some pretty crazy things for an ARC XD

Giuliana♡ Kyle wrote: "How did you get a copy? :O
I would do some pretty crazy things for an ARC XD"

I would do just about anything for an ARC XD

message 112: by Siniz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Siniz I seriously can't wait for this book to come out! It looks so GREAT!!!!!!

message 111: by Kyle (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kyle Giuliana♡ wrote: "I would do just about anything for an ARC XD"

I KNOW. I would be winning sacrifice a toe (or two) XD

message 110: by Matt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matt Kyle wrote: "Giuliana♡ wrote: "I would do just about anything for an ARC XD"

I KNOW. I would be winning sacrifice a toe (or two) XD"

You guys' devotion is a tad creepy.

Giuliana♡ Kyle wrote: "Giuliana♡ wrote: "I would do just about anything for an ARC XD"

I KNOW. I would be winning sacrifice a toe (or two) XD"

Ah-men XD I need to know what happens to Diana and Caine (still heart Caine) and if Drake... well we all wanna no what that psycho's up to.

message 108: by Kyle (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kyle Giuliana♡ wrote: Ah-men XD I need to know what happens to Diana and Caine (sti..."
I KNOW. AGHH its so open it's driving me crazy. I'm not a Caine fan... he's too batshit crazy for me :P I don't really like Sam either though, but if I had to pick a side I would pick his. I'm really interested to find out if Caine hasn't died of dehydration yet.
And I suspect everyone bowing to him is going to do WONDERS to his self esteem -__-

NexxLyte wrote:You guys' devotion is a tad creepy."
YOU SHOULD BE MORE DEVOTED.

Giuliana♡ Kyle wrote: "Giuliana♡ wrote: Ah-men XD I need to know what happens to Diana and Caine (sti..."

Ahh I've loved Cainey from the beggining, I've always been a Coates girl, truth be told :P Sam's good and everything but ehh the Coates kids have always had a special place wwith me :3 Though I must admit, the bowing.... I'm not too keen on it ._.

message 106: by Kyle (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kyle ^ Cainey XDD Yeah, bowing and worship would be a littl tiring after a while.

Giuliana♡ Kyle wrote: "^ Cainey XDD Yeah, bowing and worship would be a littl tiring after a while."

XD ya that's the only bad part,otherwise he's pretty much perfect. How to talk him out of the bowing thing is the problem haha I wouldn't leave him like Diana did, though she had a good reason.

message 104: by Katie (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katie Michael wrote: "Thanks for that, much appreciated.

But it's not the final book. One more to come: LIGHT.

Then we're done."

yessss one more book wow im already loking foward to it but fear hasnt even come out yet:)

message 103: by Katie (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katie Hashini wrote: "Dear Mr Grant, thank you for answering my question. Your series is so awesome and most of the people I know have read them. Plague is my favorite book and, Edilio and Sanjit are my favorite charact..."

Giuliana♡ wrote: "Kyle wrote: "Giuliana♡ wrote: Ah-men XD I need to know what happens to Diana and Caine (sti..."

Dont u think if its made ito a TV show or movie, Tyler Posey should be Sam? he like matches the image of Sam....

message 102: by Hashi (new) - added it

Hashi I thought Tyler Posey seems more like Edilio but that's just what I think. :)

message 101: by Matt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matt Hashini wrote: "I thought Tyler Posey seems more like Edilio but that's just what I think. :)"

I agree there...he looks wrong. Not to mention that he just looks plain wrong, but in that role especially.

message 100: by Kyle (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kyle ^ Tyler Posey? Nooooooope. I haven't made my dream casting yet, but I would prefer a TV show over a movie because they could include more of the story line. Either that or split all the books into multiple movies. Or just leave them as books, that would work too :)
I don't get why everyone likes Caine though. He's kinda evil, mean, not trustworthy and everything terrible in the world. The only thing going for him is that he's not a Nazi.

message 99: by Giuliana♡ (last edited Sep 19, 2011 01:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Giuliana♡ ^Yeah I see Tyler as Edilio too ;) but Kyle don't remember that sweetly pathetic side of him when he kissed Diana? I squealed people were looking at me thought I was crazy! He's just... confused... I think family therapy is in order haha and of course Cainey isn't a Nazi that's Zil's job. Sam's just not for me I guess XD hey, it could be worse I have a friend who's a die hard Drake fan she refers to him as 'Drakey-kins'

Katie lol I dont know i kinda find myself as a Sam fan even though i usualy dont like main characters. But rlly Edilio? hummmm haha i still see him as Sam:) cute:) btw Tyler Posey in teenwolf ROCKS:P

message 97: by Matt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matt Katie:) wrote: "lol I dont know i kinda find myself as a Sam fan even though i usualy dont like main characters. But rlly Edilio? hummmm haha i still see him as Sam:) cute:) btw Tyler Posey in teenwolf ROCKS:P"

No comment on your fangirling over Teen Wolf. None at all :|

Anyways, I don't have a favorite, really, but if I had to pick I'd pick Sam. But I do think Caine has the potential for good in there - he's let that shell of armor fall before.

But, of course, if I was in the book we wouldn't be even having this conversation, seeing as everyone would automatically decide me as their favorite.

Katie lol haha btw i didnt use to like teenwolf but my cousin got me into it by repeting over and over and over again WATCH IT cousins u gotta lv them

message 95: by Kyle (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kyle I don't think I could ever pick a favourite character because they all manage to piss me off occasionally (which I guess is a good thing) but if I had to pick a team it would be Sam.

Phelan Archuleta I LOVE QUINN! And Diana. Shes seems like she is going to turn out to be an amazing person at the end of the series and will play a HUGE role.

Giuliana♡ Exactly! Caine has let off his armor once and he could do it again *cough* and love me for ever and ever *cough* you're all so good being Team Sam and all me? I lurve Cainey, does that make me evil XD

but I have to admit Edilio's always had a soft spot in my GONE heart, you just can't hate the little Mexi- err Honduran <33

but I must say, Quinn's grown on me. Especially in Plague when he went over to get Caine on the island.

Diana's always been a favorite of mine, ever since she volounteered to saw Drake's arm off haha I just hope she doesn't become like a saint you know? I liked her because of her snarky evilness a GONE without Diana's snarky remarks isn't really a GONE book is it?

message 92: by Matt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matt Giuliana♡ wrote: "Exactly! Caine has let off his armor once and he could do it again *cough* and love me for ever and ever *cough* you're all so good being Team Sam and all me? I lurve Cainey, does that make me evil..."

You're kinda like that girl who's behind the king pulling all the strings...that no one suspects until they're dead :|

Giuliana♡ NexxLyte wrote: "Giuliana♡ wrote: "Exactly! Caine has let off his armor once and he could do it again *cough* and love me for ever and ever *cough* you're all so good being Team Sam and all me? I lurve Cainey, does..."

is that a good thing? haha I'm also a Panda fan (which was totally random considering he's dead and all but ya XD)

Katie Giuliana♡ wrote: "Exactly! Caine has let off his armor once and he could do it again *cough* and love me for ever and ever *cough* you're all so good being Team Sam and all me? I lurve Cainey, does that make me evil..."

i dont think it makes u evil.... i still <3 sam though your comment makes me like canie too

message 89: by Matt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matt Katie:) wrote: "Giuliana♡ wrote: "Exactly! Caine has let off his armor once and he could do it again *cough* and love me for ever and ever *cough* you're all so good being Team Sam and all me? I lurve Cainey, does..."

I'll never understand girls.

message 88: by Kyle (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kyle I dunno, Caine has aways been way too untrustworthy for me to even consider liking him. Sam is a little silly too sometimes.
People who like Drake, I don't even know...

message 87: by Matt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matt Kyle wrote: "I dunno, Caine has aways been way too untrustworthy for me to even consider liking him. Sam is a little silly too sometimes.
People who like Drake, I don't even know..."

People who like Drake are probably fans of Jack the Ripper.

Giuliana♡ Caine isn't a saint, we all knoww that but come on! How can you not melt into those eyes of his? He's just... ugh! I giggle to myself absentmindeldly (prob so spelled that wrong) whenever I think about him but enough of my fangirl rambles.

Sam is a perfectly nice guy and no one can deny it but he bores me.... he isn't very deep is he? He just wants to surf and lead a stressless life, not that complicated whereas Caine has layers, you know?

You are like so insulting my friend with that Drake-lovers thing. As I said, she adores her 'Drakey-kins' haha

Katie NexxLyte wrote: "Katie:) wrote: "Giuliana♡ wrote: "Exactly! Caine has let off his armor once and he could do it again *cough* and love me for ever and ever *cough* you're all so good being Team Sam and all me? I lu..."

haha u have to be one:P oh and i agree Giuliana Drakey-kins made me laugh rlly hard

message 84: by Kyle (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kyle Like I said I don't really like Sam but I like what he stands for. Caine has layers, but he's like an onion, they make you cry.

message 83: by Matt (last edited Sep 22, 2011 11:24AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matt Kyle wrote: "Like I said I don't really like Sam but I like what he stands for. Caine has layers, but he's like an onion, they make you cry."

...or want to beat him repeatedly over the head, possible fatally, with your mom's pancake maker.

Siniz sam is a boring whiny dude! ppoor me im in charge whereas caine is like IM IN CHARGE YAY

Siniz NexxLyte wrote: "Kyle wrote: "I dunno, Caine has aways been way too untrustworthy for me to even consider liking him. Sam is a little silly too sometimes.
People who like Drake, I don't even know..."

People who li..."
um no. There is a difference between liking people from a book and liking them in real life idiot

message 80: by Matt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matt Siniz wrote: "NexxLyte wrote: "Kyle wrote: "I dunno, Caine has aways been way too untrustworthy for me to even consider liking him. Sam is a little silly too sometimes.
People who like Drake, I don't even know....."

So you do like Jack the Ripper, but in the fictional sense? Ahhh. Clarity abound.

message 79: by Matt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Matt Sam can be a bit of a whiner sometimes. Sometimes I'm like "God, Sam, stop bitching and accept your position already!"

message 78: by Giuliana♡ (last edited Sep 22, 2011 01:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Giuliana♡ Drakey-kins oh god, my friend is ehh... special.

anywhos, yes Kyle, Caine does make me cry. Tears of joy! I'm that devoted to him (more fangirl ramblings). He's a love, he's just had it tough and needs the loving Diana could never give him (not that I can blame him after all he did to her and all).

Sam's a good kid, he's just a massively stressed kid. I seriously pity him but dude, grow a pair, accept the fact that Astrid (let's not even talk about Astrid) was using him for her own protection, accept his position as leader and just join Lana for a smoke or two ever once in a while (you know to calm himself haha).

message 77: by Kayla (new)

Kayla i agree but i like how he trys to be right all the time.... Canie is kinda like my way or no way which
oh and astrid:P

message 76: by Kayla (new)

oh and astrid:P

Katie Kayla wrote: "i agree but i like how he trys to be right all the time.... Canie is kinda like my way or no way which
oh and astrid:P"

sry tat waz my post up there from Kayla sry again my sis didnt log out:)

Giuliana♡ oh Astrid.... -shudder- do nawt even bring her up, I despise that girl with a passion! but yeah I have to agree Caine's pigheaded and I'm not sure I'd be able to live with that but you know... love prevails and omg I have to stop fangirl rambling!

« previous 1 3