Bambi Unbridled's Reviews > Blood Rock

Sep 12, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: arc-netgalley, fantasy-dark, read-2011, million-page-challenge
Read from September 13 to 14, 2011 — I own a copy

Writing a review for this book is going to be hard. After reading about the author, I think its because our brains just work differently. Granted, I have a doctoral degree... but once a book starts talking quantum theory, physics and advanced math, my brain starts tuning everything out. But I have to respect the author's intelligence and how he writes what he knows into the books. :)

That being said, I love the world Anthony Francis has created in Atlanta. And I adore the skindancing. It is something utterly unique and nothing like I have read before. However, can a girl get some romance??? For goodness sakes, I love books that work my brain but throwing some fluff in there help keeps me entertained! Things between Dakota and Calaphase had such great promise... but they didn't even get off the ground! I almost stopped reading at that point, so this must be rectified in future books. (Maybe with a certain firedancer?) I also thought sometimes there was a little too much action, or just too many things happening in quick succession. It was hard to digest it all. But I am interested enough to keep reading future books in the series, and I hope Mr. Anthony continues to find time to write them.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Rock.

09/13/2011
22.0% "This book is holding my interest much more than the first in the series. Maybe this one will have a little romance."
09/13/2011
23.0% "I don't like Saffron. She's a twit."
09/13/2011
30.0% "Tourette's. Didn't see that coming."
09/13/2011
49.0% "What? You're killing him off??? I had such high hopes..."
09/13/2011
51.0% "Huh? I'm so confused..."
09/14/2011
62.0% "When a book starts talking quantum physics, in more than a brief mention, it takes some of the joy out of reading. My brain doesn't want to work that hard."
09/14/2011 page 62
29.52% "Spent the night in a box, under a bridge, near Macon... really?"
09/14/2011
71.0% "Away from quantum theory and back to skindancing. Much better."
09/14/2011
79.0% "Vlad the Destroyer. Didn't see that one coming either."
09/14/2011
100.0% "Its going to be hard to write a review for this book."