Preeti's Reviews > The Devil's Teeth: A True Story of Obsession and Survival Among America's Great White Sharks

The Devil's Teeth by Susan Casey

Oct 17, 11

bookshelves: animals, adventure
Read from October 10 to 17, 2011

** spoiler alert ** So I loved the shark portion of the book. And I loved reading about the Farallones, which I would love to visit one day but clearly never will. The part where Susan Casey started to lose me was towards the end of her big boat adventure in the latter half of the book. It was quite selfish of her to want to get off the boat (I acknowledge that I'd have wanted the same thing in her shoes) and it was made worse by the end when we learned that Peter lost his job over this. She does say that she became obsessed though I'm not sure if she mentions being selfish. It was hard for me to separate her actions from the rest of the book at first.

Regardless, I did enjoy learning about the great whites, the islands, and everything else connected to them. It will be interesting to watch Expedition Great White after this, especially after hearing about how controversial their project is even though they are trying to tag the sharks.

And yes, I've already had a couple of dreams about remote places and big fish. My mind is a weird place.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Devil's Teeth.

10/11/2011 page 84
10/13/2011 page 159
52.0% "Who wants to go to the Farallones? Me!"
10/16/2011 page 238
78.0% "I had dreams about boats and sharks today."
show 1 hidden update…