Slavena's Reviews > Unveiled

Unveiled by Courtney Milan

Sep 12, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: stupid-man-hero, doormat-heroine, historical-romance, kindle, read-in-2011

I do not know what all the rave is about, this book isn't all that interesting and the whole book develops in one house where hero and heroine go around 2 bedrooms and a dining room. It is so boring I had to skip parts, I need some society with my historical romance, plus there was a mistake where hero makes/thinks about how she sets her family aside before the hero finds out who her family is.

Fyi this is a historical with almost nothing conecting it to history. Makes me think they spent a lot of money on reviewers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unveiled.

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I agree that this book is hugely overrated. The first quarter or so was okay (I thought maybe it was going to be a bit gothicky, which I love), but then it went downhill fast & was boring as sin. The only character I liked was Smite, but I'm probably not going to attempt his book; no doubt he'll be stuck with a lame heroine, so why bother? *shrug*

message 2: by Karla (new)

Karla And who's to say that your favorite character from one book wouldn't undergo a personality change to fit in with the romance formula? I've seen reviews of series books where that's happened.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Excellent point, esp since he had, like, 15 total pages of screentime. Lots of space to muck 'im up between installments.