Mimi Valentine's Reviews > Obsidian

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Dec 22, 13

bookshelves: boys-i-wish-were-real, pure-awesomeness, best-of-2011, arc, reviewed
Read from November 06 to 07, 2011

I am now president of the Jennifer L. Armentrout fan club! This book was SO good!

After reading and loving her first novel, Half-Blood, I was ecstatic to find out that she was starting a new series — about aliens and book bloggers too! Obsidian has everything an awesome book should have: a great cast, a twisting plot, and a supernatural element that was honestly unlike anything I've ever read before.

It's probably the biggest understatement ever when I say I adored Katy. She was hilarious, smart, strong, and a book blogger (which I'm sure a lot of us can relate to!). But she was also such a real character that it made it impossible not to connect with her.

And Daemon — well, he's definitely my newest book boy crush! He was infuriating and arrogant and snarky and holy-hot, but he also had those sweet moments that would steal your breath away. I loved his bubbly and sweet sister Dee, and everything about the aliens (or Luxen, as they call them) was so fascinating that I kept wanting more!

Hilarious, witty, and one-hundred percent entertaining, Obsidian was an fast-paced book that left me breathless and craving for more! If you haven't added this one to your To Be Read pile yet, I wholeheartedly recommend that you do because this is one original novel you don't want to miss!

BUY or BORROW?: Definitely a book you want to have on your shelf! Buy it for sure! :)

(Original review at Mimi Valentine's YA Review Blog)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Valerie I loved this book too! Great read and great review.

Mimi Valentine YAY! I'm so glad you did, Valerie! Thanks so much! :)