Inge's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling

Mar 10, 15

bookshelves: magic, main-character-is-cool, villain-rocks-my-socks, laugh-out-loud-funny, put-a-sock-in-it, smiles-a-plenty, children, fantasy, faeries-and-elves
Read from March 06 to 07, 2015, read count: 5

The Harry Potter series is like one giant puzzle, and during every book, tiny puzzle pieces start fitting together and forming a whole. There are hints everywhere about what's going to happen, sort of like inside jokes for people who've already read the books, but the mystery remains. J.K. Rowling keeps you guessing up until the final pages.

I love how every character brings something else to the table. Ron's dry comments, Fred and George's pranks, Hermione's cleverness, Dumbledore's charming strangeness. Even side characters like Mr and Mrs Weasley have such a strong individuality. They're all fleshed out.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is an exciting, thrilling read. It makes you think along with the Golden Trio and laugh out loud. It makes you cheer characters on and boo others. You're engaged for the entire story and there's no way out. You can't escape. Hogwarts is your home.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
51 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.

06/30 page 1
0.0% "Re-read with a bunch of people: http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/7..."
07/01 page 50
20.0% "Lots of Weasleys. Me gusta."
07/03 page 80
32.0% "Ah, nostalgia."
07/04 page 135
54.0% "And Dumbledore remains quirky as ever. 'If he hadn't gone out of bed to get some hot chocolate..' One of the best characters ever written."
07/04 page 145
58.0% "'Whoops, my wand is a little over-excited.' I bet it is, Lockhart, you saucy minx.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic" 8 comments
07/04 page 166
66.0% "'Honestly, if you were any slower, you'd be going backwards.'"
07/04 page 243
97.0% "'Bed rest and perhaps a large, steaming mug of hot chocolate. I always find that cheers me up,' he added, twinkling kindly down at [Ginny]. Oh, Dumbledore <3"
06/15 marked as: currently-reading
06/27 marked as: read
03/06 marked as: currently-reading
03/06 page 44
17.0% "So much foreshadowing. The cabinet, the cursed necklace. I just love the attention to detail in these books." 7 comments
03/06 page 51
20.0% "Still one of my favourite moments: Arthur Weasley opening up a can of whoop ass on Lucius Malfoy. <3"
03/06 page 124
49.0% ""Lockhart'll sign anything if it stands still long enough."" 2 comments
03/07 page 138
54.0% ""So Dobby stopped us getting on the train and broke your arm ..." He shook his head. "You know what, Harry? If he doesn't stop trying to save your life he's going to kill you."" 2 comments
03/07 marked as: read

Victoria Great review and picture, Inge! ;)

Inge Thanks, Vicky! ;)