Erik Graff's Reviews > The Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament, Vol 2: Pseudepigrapha

The Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament, Vol 2 by R.H. Charles

Jan 15, 11

bookshelves: religion
Recommended to Erik by: Raymond Brown
Recommended for: students of the bible
Read in January, 1973 — I own a copy, read count: 1

These two volumes, the other being about the Apocrypha, constitute the most expensive purchase I've ever made in a bookstore. They are huge--both the size of dictionaries--and, therefore, have the space for a good-sized typeface.

The texts within them, listed in this edition's description, are not fun to read. Most of them are rather boring. To get through them all I made their reading part of a project: to make a concordance of all numbers greater than two in all the books of all editions of the bible--this inclusive of all the apocryphal and pseudepigraphical books of both the "Old" and "New" Testaments. That hadn't been done yet, though now, with computers and digitalized texts, it would be easy. Still, it got me through all this and impressed my professor, Ray Brown.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Apocrypha and Pseudepigrapha of the Old Testament, Vol 2.