UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine...'s Reviews > Fatal Justice

Fatal Justice by Marie Force

Sep 15, 11

bookshelves: ebook-own-have-read, 2011-reads, 5-stars, reviewed-by-me, series-fatal, author-marie-force, starts-with-e-thru-h, politicians-id-do, cops-detectives-agents, murder
Recommended for: Fans of Romanantic Suspense, murder mysteries
Read from September 12 to 13, 2011 — I own a copy

Fatal Justice is the second book in Marie Force’s Fatal series and another 5 star read!

This installment finds Lieutenant Sam Holland and Senator Nick Cuppuano feeling their way around their new relationship. It's obvious they're in love, but they're still getting to know one another and working as a couple, rather than individuals with no one else to think about. Not only do they have the added pressure of public scrutiny disrupting their private lives, but they’re also knee deep in another murder investigation. This time the victim is Julian Sinclair who’s in DC to meet with the President. Sinclair is a nominee for a soon to be vacant seat on the Supreme Court, but clearly someone didn’t want him to get that seat and now it’s up to Sam to find out who that person is and what was so important to keep covered up that Julian had to die for it. This one hits close to home for Nick because Julian is a very dear friend of the O’Connor family, who we got to know well in Fatal Affair.

Once again Marie Force gives us an exciting, action packed story that had me riveted, and best of all we get to revisit those same awesome people we met in the Fatal Affair. I’m not normally a fan of political drama and suspense, but Ms. Force knows how to deliver it with such … force … that once again I was up until the wee hours of the morning finishing this story.

The only complaint I have about Fatal Justice - and it’s a minor one, is that I didn’t like the way Sam was keeping secrets from Nick, regardless of her reasons. It seemed unnecessary and had me briefly questioning her ability to be in a solid relationship. But that said, I still adored her and Nick! Fatal Justice is another winner and I can’t wait to read the next book, Fatal Consequences.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fatal Justice.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katrina (new)

Katrina you're making me want to read this Dhes! Great review btw :)

message 2: by Rane (new)

Rane Awesome Review Dhes! *huggles*

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Thank you, Katrina and Rane!

Katrina, these are such good books! I can't recommend them enough!

Rane, **hugs** back atcha!!

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter I was always so reluctant to read her books. Maybe I should give it a try.

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... What is it that has you concerned? Maybe I can put your mind at ease or confirm your worry.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "What is it that has you concerned? Maybe I can put your mind at ease or confirm your worry."

Somewhere I read that this series is a bit alike the In Death series by J.D. Robb. I don't really need this. Ehm, alike in the sense of characters etc. Of course there's nothing futuristic about Marie Force's stories. :)

message 7: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... (last edited Sep 15, 2011 01:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... When I was describing this series to my daughter, who is a huge In Death fan, I told her that it was similar in that we have the same characters featured predominantly throughout each book. The stories revolve around them, rather than featuring a new couple in each book.

I have not read In Death, so beyond what I mentioned I can't compare the two.

These stories are not your typical RS in that there are no military people, no soldiers, no mercenaries... Sam(antha) Holland is the "cop" and Nick is a Senator. So far the stories involve politicians who have been killed or are somehow linked to murders.

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Thanks, Dhes. I think this series has to be read in order? You know I'm not so picky... :)

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter I'm going to shut down my laptop. I'm really tired because last night I only slept for 3 hours...Yeah, way to go! LOL
Sleep well! And see you around...

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... Thanks, Baba! I hope you sleep well!

I would recommend reading in order, for sure.

Wendy Great review Dhes!