Kayleigh's Reviews > War Horse

War Horse by Michael Morpurgo

F 50x66
Oct 03, 11

Read from September 17 to 22, 2011

The War Horse by Michael Morpurgvo is a great book usually read by year 5-6 (KS2). This book tells of a story narrated by a horse that is cared for by a young boy. Unfortunately his Father cannot afford to run the land and the horse is sold for a large sum and sent to war. The young boy who cared for the horse was determined one day to find him and bring him back to the farm. This touching story describes everything the horse went through from the 1st person in order to survive the war, and how we as readers perceive his situation.

This book would be great to introduce to a class while learning about the war in History. The War Horse was very enjoyable to read and would be more so for children. I think the main reason for this is because it is the horse that speaks through the book. It highlights how the horse sees things through his own eyes, how things smell and feel. I believe this would be intriguing for the children and could make the subject of history more exciting.

War Horse is definitely a must read and could be well adapted within the classroom and the children, widening their understanding of the subject of History.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read War Horse.