Franjessca 's Reviews > Lord of the Wolfyn

Lord of the Wolfyn by Jessica Andersen

Nov 21, 11

bookshelves: netgalley-arc, book-to-review, werewolves, shifters, paranormal-romance, books-read-in-2011, vampires, urban-fantasy
Read from October 28 to November 20, 2011

"Lord of the Wolfyn" by Jessica Anderson was interesting at first because I definitely love the comparison with Red Riding Hood and the Wolf...but it seemed this book lacked what I'm used to in a paranormal romance. I love Jessica Anderson's reading style, don't get me wrong, but I feel this book could've had more to it. It seemed to be rushed liked the other books in the series. I understand the authors were only allowed certain amount to write in a short period...but I feel that maybe each book could've had more. That's my honest opinion though.
I did love the character Dayn in this book and it seems he has become my favorite so far in the series. A hunky vampire who also turns wolfyn...that definitely is my dream come true in paranormal romance. He has a lot of power and sexiness to him.
As for Reda though, there were moments I just didn't like her character. She always seemed scared and I understand what she went through losing her partner, Benz...but she had a hard time getting over it and also learning that she was tough, she just had to let go of her past and look to her future. I don't really like weak heroines, but at the end of the book, she finally decided that maybe it was time to step up and finally conquer her fear. I wish she would've found that out in the beginning.
There wasn't much action in this book also, which the 1st book and 2nd book had. There wasn't much obstacles for the characters. It seemed it was mostly a love obstacle for them both. Could they or would they be together or would Reda have to go back to her world and leave Dayn to focus on his world and conquer the Blood Sorcerer. It was driving me crazy at times and I had to put the book down for awhile and come back to it later.
I will give Jessica Anderson this, when Dayn and Reda finally made up their minds to be together and bond, she had a great scene between them both and I also loved how she showed the bond between them both afterwards and how Dayn was able to track down Reda after she was captured.
I've actually read a short book from Jessica Anderson from one of the Anthologies I have on my book shelves and I've been meaning to read more from her, but just hadn't had the time, but now I will put some of her books to my to-read list and definitely will keep up with her books now after reading this one.
I may have gave this book 3 stars...but the Author I give 4.5 stars. =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord of the Wolfyn.

10/31/2011 page 35